Thursday, May 24, 2007

Halfway through pregnancy...Is it too late to start a blog???

So here is my online journal about the journey of pregnancy. If you didn't know by now I'll just go ahead and tell you... IT'S a BOY. Healthy, Happy, and kicking. We had our ultrasound on wednesday and if you take a look at the pictures, he is most definetly a BOY. Little Kevin Russell Endsley. We are so very excited to know what he is, now he will no longer be "IT" but officially Chubbs. (that is Adam's nickname for him)

Speaking of Adam, I can't hardly wait to see him with Kevin. I know he will be so great as a father as I can already tell from how he acts now. He says hi to chubbs almost every time he sees me and he is already trying to get Kevin on his side, (he tells him to kick me when I get sassy), even though right now Kevin's kicks don't hurt me at all.

I was feeling so sad that I had not felt him kick yet by the time that we had our ultrasound, so the next morning I layed in bed and concentrated really hard on my ever growing belly. Then I felt it. People say it feels like little butterflies... I guess you could describe it that way but to me it felt more like a soft pulse or twitch. As if someone lightly brushed their finger across my belly but from inside. Although if I want to feel it again I have to concentrate or else I attribute it to gas bubbles or regular stomach craziness.

As far as my comfort goes, I am doing great. I need breaks every now and then while working hard doing hair, but I am energized and taking care of myself. I reorganized my closet tonight and put all of the things I don't fit into anymore in the back of the rack. Which leaves about 6 pair of pants left. Oh well that's a part of pregnancy I guess.

Well I am off to bed. BIG DAY tomorrow... the big 25 hits me. I know crazy I am turning 25 tomorrow.

luv ya'll
Ashley (chubbs and Adam too)

3 comments:

4xmommy said...

So I guess I am the first to respond because I am the only one with 4 crazy kids up at 6:30am. You guys are so cute and are going to make fabulous parents. And lucky for you you have me to learn from on what to do and not to do! JK! I am excited for you and know Kevin is blessed to be coming to you. You will love having a boy by the way. Soo Cool! Happy Birthday. I will call you later when I am sure you have had your beauty and baby rest.Love, Sister.
(Collette)

Elissa said...

I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations! I will keep up on the blog. I hope all goes well. Happy Birthday! Twenty-five is almost as good as twenty-six, so just keep enjoying.

arlene said...

what a fun thing, Ashley to read about your progress and your experience with this pregnancy in your own words.Your cute personality shows in the way you write. I like the way you described feeling Kevin move for the first time. I am so proud of you and Adam. You will make fabulous parents. Thank you for being such a great daughter tool and Happy 25th birthday. , that was one of the the top ten days of my life..welcoming you into our family. You know what I mean now don't you. Have a berautiful day and remember you are very loved!!!!!