Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trusting

I am sitting here in the dark just contemplated all that is going on in our lives. Boxes surround me and I would be lying if I said it didn't break my heart a little to see our home like this. Our first home has been so wonderful. This is where Kevin learned to crawl, walk, talk, and now it is time for him to say "bye bye". I have to admit that it hasn't felt totally like home since Adam left for Arizona in the middle of June, nevertheless part of my heart will always be here. We have made so many wonderful friends here in Cedar City and life will never be the same, which is the bittersweet end to this chapter in our lives. Life goes on... bigger and better things await us, but I can't seem to transition just yet, maybe because life is still in Limbo until our little girl gets here, or maybe because I have loved it here so much.
When all is said and done and the last box is put into the Uhaul, I guess all there is left to say is that Adam and I both know for sure that the Lord has blessed us every single step of the way. Great friends, a good home, and a future quite different than the one we imagined. I am happy despite the tears rolling down my face. I guess it is just hard to say Goodbye. We will roll with the punches from here on out and hope and pray that those reading this do so too. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov. 3:5-6

Now the inevitable, Goodbye dear house, Cedar City and friends... you have forever changed us.

5 comments:

MaRilla said...

Been there, done that and still doing it. I feel for you! We miss Cedar too, and the life we had imagined... but I know that whatever the Lord has in store for us is much bigger than I had planned. Life is still good and gets better everyday. It is nice to know there is someone bigger than us watching out for us, caring about us, helping us every step of the way if we will just let Him. Love you.

Erica Mangum said...

That was a great post! I am going to miss you, even though we didn't see eachother alot. You guys will do great! We did it in idaho, but it was only for like 10-11 months.It was really hard, ecspecially to be away from my mom and sister. My husband didn't understand, because he is not as close to his family, like i am. I know you can do it! Keep in touch!

Aubrey said...

Oh WOW! I totally understand! We have been here for 2 long years without our family and the comfort of St. George but it gets easier as you make more friends and our Heavenly Father has been our comfort the whole way. We ended up here from listening to the promptings and we are constantly reminded why this is the best place for us at this point in our lives even though we are away from home. The health care alone, is reason enough and I know that Heavenly Father anticipated our children's medical needs. You are in good hands. You have such a STRONG testimony. Love you.

J Fo said...

Oh my goodness. It is such a hard thing to go through changes, even when you know that you've been guided to where you are. I have enjoyed letting our sweet kiddos play together and watching them both grow. We'll miss you guys a lot! The game night crew will live on, it just might be a little longer between sessions!

Kim said...

It seems like no matter what there will always be challenges. Never does life go just how you planned or thought it would be. But it is so hard to just roll with the punches sometimes. You describe how I've been feeling over the last few weeks...only over completely different things. But we move on and adjust to what we are given and we learn. Good luck with your move!