Monday, February 9, 2015

Kids!!

I spent all weekend with my beautiful children. We potty trained Luke this week and he has been so good. He still has trouble with nighttime dryness but in the day he is fully potty trained.
 I just dropped the kids off for school and I had to write and express what my feelings on the school and how the kids are progressing. Katie's teacher Miss Jenna once she got out of the car said "have you seen her read" I said yes she's been reading to me all weekend and she is really good. Her teacher said "I know I was looking back on records on when she first started blending words and she has come so far so quickly that it's impressive." She seemed super excited and impressed and felt that she was coming along way further than she thought.
It is so fun as a mom to see your child progress. I know that not all of motherhood is progression and happy wonderful accomplishments but it sure feels good when those things happen. One thing that I want to focus on is helping the kids feel loved and understood even when they are not having success. I don't want to belittle bit them or make them feel small when they already feel small about themselves. I am not quite sure how to do this but with the Lord's guidance I will figure it out.
Those kids mean everything to me they are smart, beautiful, kind and have strong potential for amazing things in this world. In particular I need to praise and love and except Kevin for who he is and not try to change him when he is unwilling to make progress. Love is the key with him.

What a wonderful journey we are on. I wouldn't want it any other way. 

No comments: