Monday, June 8, 2009

Icky

When I signed up for this whole "Mom" thing, I was pretty sure it was going to be great. Along with the great, I was also sure of one other thing, there would definitely be poop, spit up, and days when the throw up never ended. Well my friends... while I have experienced a lot of the first two, I have actually managed to make it almost 20 months without the throw up part. Until yesterday afternoon. I have to be honest when I say, I didn't know if I would be able to handle it, I mean come on... throw up stinks, it really makes you want to hurl yourself. But when I look at Kevin's little whiny face and eyes while his stomach lurches, I cannot help but wish I could take over, and experience the pain for him, yet all I can do is hold him and not even care that I smell just as bad as he does.
He is so completely miserable, but still manages to smile at us. I swear, he is the best thing that has ever happened to Adam and I.
So back to my original statement, this "Mom" thing really is great, in fact it's greater than I ever could have imagined it, and I would take a million more of these days, because I love him so much. Heavenly Father sure knows what he's doing.

6 comments:

Valley City Crew said...

oh the poor little thing!!!!
Give him a hug from me!

Mariah and Jeremy said...

Oh, my sweet little Kevy! I hope that he gets better real soon!

Mandy said...

oh, no! Not my little Buster! I know this sick thing sure stinks!! Get better soon Buster Buggins!

J Fo said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO Sorry! I feel responsible for all of that misery! Poor guy. Poor mom. I owe you some free something!

Kim said...

Oh...throw up is the worst. The helplessness you all feel is awful...baby because they don't get what is going on and can't stop the ickiness and mom because, well, it's disgusting, and you can't fix it for them! Good luck!

Ric and Kirsten said...

You're a good mommy. It's so cute how much he loves that bunny!