Sunday, November 1, 2009

Overwhelmed and Grateful

I almost don't know what to write but I know that I need to get the thoughts out of my head before getting back into bed. I just read here about a friend of mine whose little 5 year old boy passed away. He was and always has been severely handicapped and completely dependent upon his parents and those around him. I used to always think that it would be so hard to have a child like that where you took care of him/her 24/7, but I am telling you, this little boy, Tyson, was amazing. He had curly curly hair and when you would talk to him his eyes would light up. You could see him smile even if his mouth didn't move. His parents loved and adored him. Honestly how could you not. No one knows what trials they will face on this earth or what we will have to overcome, but with the Lord's help we can endure them well and hopefully become like Christ and like little Tyson... humble, meek and full of love. Who can ever complain again about getting up in the middle of the night to feed their baby or console a child... I am so grateful for what I have and will work hard at not begrudging the task at hand. Hopefully I can continue to learn and take whatever I am handed with a grateful heart and an open mind. Tyson is in a better place now free from his mortal body, one day to be resurrected and reunited with his eternal family. Thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge of God's plan. Life is beautiful.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Thank you for sharing this... It really does make you think hard about how many blessings you have and how they are taken for granted when things like this happen. I'm so happy to know that he is with his Heavenly Father and that his family will be with him again soon. I grieve for them also and hope that they will find comfort.