Friday, February 12, 2010

HELP ME!!!

Aunt Mandy is here for a visit and so far we have been having a lot of fun. We went to the train park in Tempe and got to ride a train and the carassel. We got away a little later than we had expected so we decided early on that it probably wouldn't work out to give Kevin a nap. So when we got home around 3 we laid him down just to see if he would nod off. No luck. We are of the opinion that he should still have quiet time even if it doesn't result in snoozing. So I left him in his room to play with his trucks quietly and Mandy and I were sitting just outside of his room chatting softly. He finally got sick of being in his room so he started saying "Mommy, c'mon." Mommy Mommy Mommy!!! When I didn't respond after 10 minutes or so he finally resorted to Mandy (he was peeking underneath the door and could see us sitting there). Then only understandable to me... his mother, he said with a very sad tone "Mandy, Mandy, Mandy, help me!!!" We both thought it was simply too irresistible to not let him out after such a pitiful plea. He sure surprises me with what he says sometimes.
He is so cute!!!

2 comments:

Mariah and Jeremy said...

Okay...that just made my day!!! That is too funny! Miss you guys and love you too! Hope that you are having fun! I am sad that we aren't there. :(

Nancy said...

That is funny, or sad, depending on whose eyes you are looking (or crying) through. I remember, years ago, when I put Jenny down for one of her naps (she was just about Kevin's age) and we had put those white plastic fake doorknobs on the bedroom side of the door. Unknown to me, she had gotten up, cried and cried (Ben was a tiny baby then, and I was tending to him). After and hour or so I went to check on her, but couldn't budge the door open because she had fallen asleep (crying) on the floor smack in front of the door.