Saturday, June 5, 2010

Katie's Room

I am ashamed to admit that Katie's room is STILL NOT COMPLETED. I know I know she will be 8 MONTHS old on Monday... I'm crazy. But it is almost there. I just need to do two more things then it will be done. She might be a toddler when it is all finished but I will do my best to get there.
I knew before we ever got pregnant with Katie that I wanted a Damask print combined with another color (I really wanted it to be a boy so that I could do green and damask) Then I thought I would do red or purple but when I saw this room at Carousel Designs I LOVED it but couldn't fork over the money for it, so I worked it out with my beautifully talent client Jillayne that I would do her hair if she would make the bedding for me. YEAH!!! Doesn't it look great. My wonderful sister in law Summer provided the vinyl for us and the rocking chair in the corner is Adam's Mom's from when her kids were little. I really love the way it is coming together and I am so glad I went with pale yellow rather than the deep red that I originally wanted because she is so delicate and petite I think the yellow just fits her personality.












Sidenote... LOOK AT HER PONYTAIL!!! So much fun.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Ashley,
Katie's room is adorable. You've done a great job decorating it. Yeah, Adam, you too. I'm sure you did the heavy lifting!
I remember when I used to put those pony tails in Jenny's hair. Way to go!

Summer said...

Love the ROOM! IT turned out adorable..I am glad that the vinyl worked!

Rachel said...

Love it. All of it. I'm tempted to steal the "You are my sunshine" phrase for Brooke's room - hers is yellow too!

Andi said...

What a great nursery! I love it! You have great taste. I can't wait to put together a nursery someday. I don't know how I'm ever going to decide on what I want.

J Fo said...

So dang cute! I remember when you were pregnant and planning this room out. It looks awesome!

Cute bow too. So sad that you can put bows in Katie's hair now and Emmy just got her piggy tails cut off!

d.jo said...

I LOVE THE KATIE letters hanging on the wall! That paint job is ASTOUNDING!!!!!