Thursday, January 24, 2013

Airport field trip

Kevin and Katie came with me to get our van emissions test done. It was right by the Chandler Airport so they wanted to go see the big planes at the big airport as an activity together. Since Luke was still sleeping at Aunt Tiersas we decided to go on an adventure.
 On the way over we listened to some fun songs and played "eye spy". Kevin did wonderfully and Katie kept telling us what she was spying. Funny girl.
We parked up on top of the parking garage so we could get out and see all that was going on. It was super fun to see the big airplanes take off and land.
As one of the first airplanes was taking off Katie said "Maybe hims (meaning the airplane) going on a date". Kevin and I decided that that was the funniest quote of the day.
We watched probably 10 airplanes land and take off and even though it was kind if cold they loved it. The kids were amazed. Kevin liked that luggage cars and Katie liked that taxi. We also got to go inside the airport too. They pushed the elevator buttons, and we met a volunteer who gave Kevin and Katie little rubber airplanes to go on a pencil tip, she gave them one to take home to Luke.
All in all it cost me about five dollars for that field trip and the kids had a blast. I have to thank my friend DebraJo for being the inspiration on this idea since she took her kids a few years ago and I've always wanted to do with the kids. I'm so glad that I have this whole day that I can play with the kids. I seriously love being a mommy it is the best thing in the world. Sometimes I'm tired and sometimes it's crazy and sometimes I can't think straight for all the talking but honestly these kids are amazing and I am grateful to learn from them every day.



No comments: