Monday, June 16, 2008

Parent's Day

Adam and I played a couple of games yesterday with our friends Josh and Megan. As the day wound down Megan tried to reach her father to wish him a happy Father's Day and mention to him (on his answering machine) that she had written a little bittie about him on her blog. It got me thinking about my wonderful Dad and also My Mother.
Growing up I always loved to just talk with my parents. I saw how my brothers and sisters (not all of them) butted heads with them over rules and borrowing money and I knew that I wanted a good relationship with them where we could talk and I would be able to listen and take their counsel and apply it in my life.
That being said, I truly have come to know how good and honest my father is. I have come to see my mother as a kind, loving and giving woman. I see their relationship with one another as a happy, solid and nurturing one.
In watching my parents love the Lord, eachother, their kids and others (in that order), I see how I want my life to be. With that vision in mind since I was young, I married someone a lot like my Dad, I find mannerisms like my mother in my actions everyday, and I too have a solid, nurturing, communicative relationship with my wonderful husband.
I look at my life and I KNOW their will be challenges, but with all that I have I also KNOW that I can get through them with a smile on my face. I am who I am today because of the examples I have had in my life.
So Dad and Mom, even though I didn't get to see either of you on Father's or Mother's Day, I love you both with all of my heart and I want to thank you for all you have done for our family.

2 comments:

J Fo said...

So Sweet. If I were your parents I think I would be a little teary. Thanks again for helping he out with Emmy!

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

Diddo