Monday, September 22, 2008

Who Started Smoking??

So Adam had a conference in St. George last Thursday and Friday so we headed down on Wednesday night. When we drove up to my parents house I immediately noticed a pan sitting outside on the driveway. Then my Dad came out to help us bring our luggage in and he smelled like smoke, not just smoke, but something similar to cigarette smoke. Walking into the house the smell of stale smoke slammed into my face. Pan outside plus Smelly Dad plus Stinky house equals... My Mom left a pan of beans on high and left for an hour and a half.
The result was days and days of stinky stale smokey smell. We cleaned and we cleaned and we tried to get it to smell better. We used candles and air fresheners and vacuumed and wiped the walls down with ammonia and dusted all the shelves with lemon scented wood polish. It was crazy. We worked our butts off and the result... ya it still stinks. Not quite as bad but it still stinks. It smells like it's a smoker's home and they tried to get rid of the smell by covering it up with air freshener.



2 comments:

Kim said...

I am a witness to the smokey smell...I thought maybe someone smokey had been working on your parent's house or something! My hair looks great though. When I saw Marianne she said what I thought she was going to say....That's the haircut I have been trying to get! She wants you to cut her hair the next time you come down and are available! You do good work!

Channin said...

Haha! I have to admit, that sounds like a silly thing your mom would do! She gets so distracted sometimes and as the result, will forget the boiling beans. Her intentions are always good though. Too funny of a story. If I were to smell your dad [who smelled like cigarette smoke], I probably would have asked if I could bum one! LOL jk