Sunday, October 11, 2009

Feelings

It is Sunday morning around 11 which believe it or not is EARLY for me because of the night I had last night. Katie had gas last night and cried and cried. I could not console her but so desperately wanted to. It is so hard to see your child in pain and not be able to fix the problem. I found some positions that worked for her but they were all standing up and rocking/bouncing her which my body just can't handle yet. Finally at 4 in the morning I went and woke up my mother in order NOT to have a total breakdown. Mom turned out to be a life saver. She took Katie from me sent me to bed and let me sleep. She brought her to me to feed at 6:30 then I went back to bed and so did they. They are actually still sleeping. Yeah for Mothers. Especially mine.
Other than last night, being a mother of two and having beautiful little Katie around is wonderful.

2 comments:

J Fo said...

Sorry for the long night! We went through a lot of those fussy nights with Emmy; bouncing, rocking, gas drops...oh my! Thank goodness your mom was around to help.

sarahflib said...

That is definitely what moms are for when you're recovering from having a baby. Hooray for sleeping!