Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Updates

Aunt Andi holding baby Katie. Andi was in the room when Katie was born, and we realized today that she never got a picture taken with her. SAD!! So here it is (Andi is pregnant with twins so she is VERY much in BABY mode)
Katie sprawled out after her late afternoon feeding. By the way this child is a POOP machine. She goes every time I feed her. Crazy girl.

This was the day that we brought Katie home. We had not really forced Katie on Kevin, rather we let him show interest as he was ready. He was sitting next to our sister in law Vicki while she held the baby and very naturally he showed interest in holding her. It was priceless. He was so timid and in awe of the whole thing. Now he gets mad when he can't hold her, he LOVES his baby sister.


Are you kidding me... he used to fit in this car seat!!! Everyone told me that I would be shocked at how big Kevin would seem after I had Katie, and it is so true. In fact the day before I had Katie, I held Kevin in my arms and cuddled him like he was my tiny baby. But I really was taken back by how blown up he looks compared to Katie. HE'S HUGE. But I still love holding him.

Prior to this picture Kevin tried to sit in Katie's car seat with the handle up. He sat down on the front of the car seat and his weight threw the car seat forward and the handle smacked him in the head. It was funny and sad all at the same time.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

So cute! The interaction between brother and sister is the best. When Jocelyn and I go on an errand, the minute we get home, Ty has to kiss and hug her. He also loves for her to 'kiss him better' whenever he gets hurt. The next few months are gonna be some of the hardest but the best!!

Jocelyn and Ryan said...

Katie is darling (and so is Kevin). I miss little newborns!

J Fo said...

I totally laughed at the image of Kevin getting bonked by the car seat! Funny boy. Great pictures.

Kristin Macfarlane said...

Such beautiful kids!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your gorgeous daughter!!!!

sarahflib said...

Congratulations, my dear. Katie is beautiful. She likes Andi already, I can tell.