Monday, March 12, 2012

Our Kiddos

Kevin and Katie are playing house around me right now and are bringing me all sorts of food to eat. They are calling each other honey and playing so sweetly together. I love them so much. We had an adventurous morning. Within the first 15 minutes of being awake Kevin cried 4 times, and was sent to his room for pulling a fit about a banana and the color of cup he was given. Sometimes he is really emotional and I don't really know how to deal with him. I mean he full on had a melt down about how big his banana was compared to Katie's.
Now they are both over by the baby swing "fixing" it. Kevin has these little play toys and he is laying under the swing with his hammer and drill. Katie has her baby doll in the swing and is pretending to be the Mom.
Last night Katie kept getting out of bed and we were trying everything to get her to get back in without going up there and physically putting her in there (which is what she secretly wanted). Finally I told her if she didn't get back in bed she would have to stand in the garage in time out. She said "Okay, stand in garage" and started heading downstairs. She was perfectly happy to stand in time out rather than go to bed. When Adam went to get her out after 5 minutes or so, she said "No, I not listening" cuz she wanted to stay out there. Then Adam told her that she would have to stand outside in the back without the light on, and her reply was "Okay, get flashlight, kay". Then after we got her in bed she got out again and I let her know that if she was not willing to stay in her big bed that she would not be able to sleep in it anymore, she would have to sleep in the pack and play, so she cried and said "I want pack and play" like 10 times. FINALLY the last thing that we tried worked. I said we would have to lock the door. She said "no lock a door". I thought we were done with her antics for the night but 2 minutes later she cried again and came out saying she had to throw up (Kevin had thrown up the night before so it wasn't all too unlikely, except she said it so matter of factly like "I need throw up, kay". She wasn't sick at all.) I ended up having to lock the door on her unfortunately but only to prove a point for a second which resulted in her crying and gagging like she really had thrown up, but when I opened the door there was no throw up just a little 2 1/2 year old who was trying everything she could to stay up a little longer. She did finally go to bed once she realized I really would have kept the door locked. Silly girl. Also... I must add that I am just a little bit worried if she is this good at exhausting all her options now, imagine the teenage years... we are in for it.

No comments: