Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy 26th Birthday to me!!

SO today is my birthday. I must say that it feels a bit different being a mother on my birthday. I find myself so focused on Kevin and what he needs, that several times today I have actually forgotten that it was my birthday.
Being a mother really does change you in ways that you never before could have imagined. I used to be the BIGGEST Birthday GURU, like Jane in "27 Dresses" was with weddings, so was I with anyone's birthday. Whatever you wanted on your day you would get. But now I am as chill as can be.
But even though birthdays don't have the same importance to me as they once had, I find that life still goes on. Yes indeed it does. I find that the most important things in life are not the tiny passing moments in themselves, but all of them collected together are what make one happy.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday to someone that always makes me happy! It looks like you had a fun day, complete with balloons! Love you!

J Fo said...

You look so cute in that picture! I hope you had a great birthday. When are we going to do the everybody's B-day BBQ? Greg and I will be out of town this thurs. to next wed.

Peay Family said...

Happy birthday, I hope it was a good one, even if you did forget.

L.H. said...

Ashely,
How Did you find my Blog?
Any way, i just published you commet and had to say thank you!
you blogs are so cute I hope that I can figure my out. Thanks for the sites.
Liesl