Monday, July 21, 2008

Crazy Weekend




This weekend has been crazy. All of the family was up except my brother Adam and we had quite the party on Saturday. We went to this place in St. George called Jumpin' Jacks which is a huge jungle gym of sorts with blown up slides and obstacle courses for adults and kids too. It was so much fun. Adam and I even took baby Kevin down. I got a major slide burn on my arm, but I assure you it was worth it. At one point they turned out the lights and pumped up the music with the added affect of a strobe light. It was super hilarious to watch all my little nieces dancing around and even more entertaining was watching all of the adults trying to get their groove on. After the "bounce house" everyone tried to take naps... but Kevin was not interested. I helped prepare food for our BBQ later while Adam manned Kevin, then we all headed over to Travis' Stake Center for his baptism. For those of you who don't know, my brother Travis was re-baptized on Saturday. He has worked so hard for it and we were all so proud and happy for him. It was a very spiritual occasion and you can definitely see the spirit surrounding him now.
The house got loud and crazy as everyone arrived for the family BBQ. There was SO much food I thought we would NEVER finish it, but lo and behold we scarffed it right on down. Things got even crazier in the pool when at one point someone counted 20 people in it. And of course you know that with that many people and half of them being "BOYS" someone had to get hurt. Kris was the "lucky" one to get that job done for us. He slipped while coming down the stairs by the pool and sliced his toe on the rocky ledge. There was blood everywhere and it was obvious he needed to see a doctor. Two hours later they were back from the hospital with news that he lacerated his tended to his big toe and needed to see an orthopedic surgeon as soon as he got home. He now sports a beautiful cripple boot and red bandages. We hope all heals fine and that he will be back to his normal self soon. The injury came right at the peak of his training for his 2ND iron man. Maybe, just maybe it's the Lord's way of saying take it easy. I don't know... but that's my theory. If you want to see pictures of the injury I am sure my sister will post some in a few days. ktlesueur.blogspot.com
Sunday was a blast as well even though Kevin still didn't want to take a nap. It was Andelyn's birthday and so we all got together again for dinner. Tony made meatballs for our spaghetti and it was DELICIOUS.
The weekend was great but I must say it is wonderful to be home again and back to the routine.

3 comments:

J Fo said...

I'm tired just reading about it! What great memories though.

Kim said...

Sounds like fun! We took all the kids to Jumpin' Jacks too when Jim was in town. They all had a blast...and it's a workout for the adults!

Aubrey said...

That sounds like so much fun...Tell Travis 'congratulations'. That's a major accomplishment.