Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MOVING

Wow... It has been two weeks since I last wrote and I am just amazed at what has gone on in that time. Let's see... the monday after I wrote last, Adam and I closed on our house (twin home). Tuesday I came down to st. george for a quick visit to see my sister Tiersa who was up with a bunch of friends of hers. Wednesday I spent the day packing and then we moved that night. Ever since then we have been unpacking. I had no idea it would take that long to get everything out of boxes. We finished the last of the inside boxes just yesterday. But our house looks like a home now with pictures on the walls and clothes in the closets.
We went to our new ward on Sunday. It is amazing to me that no matter where you go to church the teachings are the same. I LOVE that about our true and living church. In Relief Society we were asked about experiences where we have just felt so grateful. I raised my hand (which subsequently woke Kevin up who was asleep in my arms... but it was worth it) and I told them about our moving experience. my brother Travis and nephew Kaden brought our washer and dryer up and carried them up the stiars without a dolly or any other form of help. When 5:30 came around, there were at least 12 Priesthood bretheren there to help us and they had everything moved to our new house within 3 hours (and we have a lot of stuff). So many others were willing to help as well. Sister Ashdown helped pack what I didn't have ready, two of my friends tag teamed Kevin so I could just work and my wonderful friend Renae brought pizza for everyone. It was an amazing experience. I truly am grateful for the help we recieved. To everyone who helped I want to say THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Peay Family said...

I just want to know where the pictures of your new house are!! (For those of us who do not have the privilege of being your neighbors)

Scott and Analisa said...

I would have to agree, where are the pictures??? i love the video too, maybe someday he will keep his head off the floor!!!