Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life

So I sit here tonight with my husband by my side with our proud little American hearts watching the Olympics.

I listen to him comment about the cheating Chinese gymnastics team because all their girls are NOT 16 even though their government issued passports say they are, and about the craziness of Phelps's ability to blow everyone else out of the water, and I think to myself... what a wonderful life. Let me explain...
We were married two years ago Tuesday. I still can't believe it. It seems like quite a while, yet I feel as if we have always been together. I really do love our life together. I am married to my best friend who talks to me about anything and everything, someone I can feel completely myself around. We sing in crazy opera voices of songs that stick in our head, we speak in crazy English just to try and fit in here in good ol' Cedar (we doesn't want to look like we is transplants) and we make each other laugh so hard sometimes with our teasing. I never would have imagined before this time that I could become so close to someone. It is the most wonderful feeling to come home to my favorite person, and the little guy we made together.

Like I said before... It's a wonderful life.

No comments: