Friday, August 22, 2008

We Love To Read


So, lately I have been reading a lot. Mostly because as most of you already know the last twilight book came out... "Breaking Dawn". I realize that I absolutely love to read. I get something out of it that I can't get anywhere else. I crave a good book, even if it is just a fantasy book like the Twilight series. My clients often recommend good books to me and finally one of my clients brought one in for me to read. It is called "Yearning for the living God" by F. Enzio Busche. He is an emeritus of the seventy who grew up in Germany during WW2. He tells of his growing up years with the Hitler Youth and about the perception the natives in Germany had. It is so interesting to read his side of History if you will. I would definitely recommend it.
Anyway my point in all of this, is that I really want to instill in Kevin a love of reading. I love to read because it expands my knowledge and excites my imagination. So it excites me when I pull out a book and he B-lines it straight to the book. He LOVES books. Thank Goodness, and when I sit down to read to him his hands go all crazy and he gets super excited. Hence the picture. He is actually super tired in this picture so he doesn't look excited but he is.

1 comment:

J Fo said...

Amen! There's just something that you can get out of reading that you really can't get anywhere else.

We so need to get a book club going. Even if it is just the two of us! I bet we could get Andi, too. We should alternate who picks the book and then have little get togethers when we finish.