Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Mom


I woke up this morning and immediately thought of my Mother. It is her birthday today and I still can't believe she is turning 58. I have told some of my clients this and they tell me I must be lying. She does NOT look even close to that age and I must say I TOTALLY agree.
My Mother is one of the sweetest people I know. She is always helping/serving/caring for someone other than herself. Anyone who knows her will attest to that. Those who know her best will also tell you that she is humble, she has NO idea how great she is. So I am writing this post to let her know just how fabulous we all find her.
Mom, instead of the Birthday card you told me not to get for you, I am writing it here. You are one of my biggest heroes, you give me strength and unconditional love. I feel so blessed to be able to call you one of my best friends, and I LOVE that we can talk about most anything. You let me analyze life with you and come up with solutions. You inspire me by your dedication and determination... I mean you run marathons for heavens sake. You help me with all those little "Mother" things like cooking, raising my child, and being Dr. Mom. I really love you. Hopefully, my actions of love speak louder than my words for there is not way to adequately describe/express my exact feelings.
All I can say is thank you for being you, and I am glad that we have you in our lives. Yeah for your birthday!!! I hope it is super super special.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray Arlene,
Happy Birthday to you. She really is the best. I always wanted to be like her

The Stuart Family said...

Now that I finally fingured out how to leave a comment (pat myself on the back)I just want to say Thanks to a wonderful daughter. Those were some pretty nice things you said about "yo momma". Thanks! I am so blessed to have you for a daughter. Lots of Love!