Sunday, March 21, 2010

Katie Bug


After I finished feeding Katie this afternoon, she lay her head on my shoulder and just cooed and cuddle with me. She is not a very cuddly baby most of the time because she is so alert and wants to see and explore everything, so it felt so special to have her just chill with me. I started to tickle her arm a little bit and her face got that dazed look on it. She started to lift her arm a little, most likely out of pure pleasure. She is definitely an Endsley. They LOVE arm tickles (the Stuarts call them arm scratches).
I have been such a slacker with my blog lately, so I am going to catch up just a little bit.
Katie started rolling over about a month and a half ago. I have a video on my phone, but it is really dark. She did awesome for a few days and then just completely stopped doing it. But alas about 2 weeks ago she showed her rolling skills and now I find her occasionally on her tummy in her crib.
She is such a sweet baby. She is now 5 months and 2 weeks old and she laughs and smiles all the time. She is NOT sitting up yet, but I am pretty positive it's just because she doesn't know she can. If we worked with her we would have a sitter fo' sure.
Kevin LOVES her big brother and he is enthralled with her. He will come up to her and say "hi Katie girla" in his cute little baby voice and he always wants to give her kisses in fact he gets upset if he cannot. When I go into her room either to lay her down or get her up he rushes in there and pulls himself up on her crib to see her and "help". He rushes to get his stool so that he can "help" me once again when changing her clothes or diaper, all while Katie is smiling at him. He laughs at her kicking motions and tries to mimic them. He requests often that she "watch" while he does something amazing with his toys, and she usually does even if she is eating... which isn't so fun for me.
Adam would agree that I am her favorite person in the whole world right now, and she often times cries and gets VERY dramatic just because she wants me to hold her. Of course I cannot give in all the time so she has had to learn to deal with it.
Daddy makes her laugh and smile ear to ear and she is pretty fascinated with him as well.
We sure love her and can't imagine our lives without our Katie bug.

No comments: