Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journals are fun


I got home late last night because I went to play volleyball with a group of very talented girls and I sat down on the couch to read my scriptures sort of regretting that I was just now getting to my 15 minutes of reading. I looked up only to find my box of memories sitting in front of me (it was in the food storage closet for some reason and we took inventory yesterday). So I started flipping through pictures which I would TOTALLY post here but my computer won't let me. Then I picked up a notebook I used to use as my journal. WOW... is all I can really say.
It took me back to a sort of unpleasant place but also made me super grateful for where I am and who I have in my life now.
My journal was right before my mission during this 2 year long relationship that was SO DYSFUNCTIONAL. Anyway I found this entry where I wrote down what I really wanted in my future husband and it made me laugh and want to cry and I secretly wanted to just go wake Adam up and tell him how much I love him and how grateful I am for him.
I will share with you what I wrote
6/10/02
"I want the basic things in the man I marry. He has to be a return missionary... not just that but he must have served completely faithfully. Like my Dad. He has to have a good relationship with his parents and family. He has to be silly and know how to tease and how to be tease. Playful and not always thinking logically. Not too serious. But I want to be able to talk about everything with him. And not just that but I have to feel supported by him, and encouraged. He needs to make me feel comfortable about my self but at the same time make me want to become a better person. I want inspiration and love. He has to know where he is going in life, to know his job and love it. I have to see him in many different situations and see his good and bad qualities. Playing with his children is a big thing for me and he has to help his mother with the dishes. Basically I want a perfect man and although there are not perfect men out here I will find the one for me, and I will not just love him, I will be in love with him and won't be able to live with out him. I can see his imperfections but I still love him. I don't have to marry the first person I love.
My parents have to be excited for me but not make the decision for me. I have to feel like he is so wonderful... why is he with me? But at the same time I have to feel confidence in the relationship. He has to love Arizona... and the heat. He has to want my advice but also help teach me things."

If any of you know Adam you will also know that the above description of my "future" husband is EXACTLY what I got... except for one minor detail... HE HATES THE HEAT and does not really love Arizona.
Oh well I think he is perfect for me... I am so blessed and I love my Adam so very much.

2 comments:

Mariah and Jeremy said...

That is really neat Ash! :) It is so funny how you guys ended up in Arizona when since Adam hates the heat so much. I also loved Kevin's swollen face post that you wrote about. That story cracked me up!

d.jo said...

How could you have married the perfect man when I got the perfect man? J/K Adam was a great catch & you two are a perfect couple!

I'm glad you like journaling--I have always been a journal keeper, and I love it. It helps me remember the blessings in my life & see how the Lord has guided me.