Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Swollen

It has been staying dark longer here in AZ which has been really great for my beauty sleep. Kevin sleeps until at least 7:30 now but most days it is more like 8. I can't even tell you how wonderful it is to wake up before him and feel ready for the day instead of him coming in at 6:30 wanting to watch cartoons while I continue to shut out the world around me.
Of course then my day gets pushed back further and further and I don't end up showering until 11!!!
Anyway, this morning Kevin came out of his room around 8 and I was sitting right here checking my email. I looked up at him and his face was unusually sleepy-swollen, looking quite shocked to see me awake and didn't know if he was allowed to be out of bed yet. I greeted him with a cheery "Hi, bud" to reassure him and he just stared at me. Finally he pointed to his face and lips and said "take this off". I asked him what he wanted me to take off and he repeated his request "take this off". After a while I finally assumed he meant for me to magically erase his swollen face. Maybe he just isn't used to it being that swollen from sleep... but I couldn't stop laughing as he looked utterly confused as to why I couldn't help him with his predicament. Poor kid just had to let his sleepy face subside and move on with his morning. Not to worry though, it did go away and he had a great day full of smiles, giggles and teasings.

1 comment:

d.jo said...

Sometimes I want to remove my swollen face, too. LOL. If only. : )