Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Journeling for a POINT

I am doing this challenge and one of the ways you can earn a point is by journeling every day. Blogging does occasionally count so here we go.

This challenge is really opening my eyes to the things I have been somewhat immune to. I have grown accustom to thinking of only me and my family. When I do so I sort of shut down. I eat a lot more, I tend to opt out of hard things i.e. exercise, schedules, cleanliness (staying organized IS HARD for me), even the thought of reading my scriptures tends to make me sort of sigh. I know this is horrible admitting this in public but I need to face it all.
I have 10 things everyday that I NEED to accomplish and knowing I have those things to do makes me plan and accomplish my day better. When I do these things my life just seems brighter which tends to make me get out of my rut.
I have to do a random act of service every day and I gotta tell you it has been kind of hard to find things to do that I would consider giving myself a point for. So it makes me look out for ways to serve, when I see an opportunity I usually take it but then later think, I bet could find another more meaningful one. I really kind of like it so far. It sure does get me out of myself and focusing on God's children.
I know this is random, but I just want to interject here and say how much I love my husband. He went back to work full time today and it was really hard for him. He is so tired and also used to being home half of the day. He works so hard for our family and I really want to show him how much he means to us.
Speaking of family, Katie today was so fun. She has been a little fussy lately cuz I think she might be teething, so it was a breath of fresh air to have her happy and lively again today. She is attempting to walk and will try to take just one or two steps then fall down and laugh. Today while we were sitting on the couch she came over and stuck her head in my hands and then I just sort of grabbed her little face and wiggled it a little bit. She laughed so hard over and over and over again. Finally Adam and I were talking and she came over, grabbed my hand and stuck her face in it. She did that probably 20 times, each time laughing a little more than the last. Then she would attempt to walk, fall down, crawl over to the pillow and bury her head in it with excitement. So cute.
Last night after I put Kevin to bed he got out and I sort of got mad at him. He was trying to tell me that he wanted a different toy but I don't usually cater to that sort of thing so I sent him back to bed. He whined a little but did get back in bed only to get out again a few minutes later. He got out of bed again and when I asked him what the heck he was doing out of bed he very calmly said... "I was looking for you" He really wanted his other toy (but he had already picked his allotted 2 for the night) and I told him it was all the way downstairs and I was not going to go get it. He cried a bit and finally I said you can have lightening McQueen if you want (it was in the hallway) and he got mad and said NO, I DON"T WANT HIM. So I said goodnight and let him cry for a little bit then asked him again if he wanted lightning. By this point he is willing to compromise and he said yes. I gave it to him and he said (still kind of crying but with the sweetest little voice) "Thank you, Mommy" That made me want to go get the other toy from downstairs for him. Don't worry, I was strong and just told him "Your Welcome and I love you".
My kids are Priceless.

1 comment:

d.jo said...

It is good to do service...sometimes I think, "Was that really selfless if I got a point for it?" Haha!

I love how Emmett & Katie get giggles out of the simplest things. I love this age. : )