Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Half Marathon

I don't know what it is about running but it entices me. I cannot run fast, I am not very strong mentally when I run, in fact I often convince myself to walk, but for some reason, I want to be a runner. I actually like doing it and kind of crave it. Sometimes I lay in bed when I can't sleep and wish that it was a safe enough world out there to just go for a night time jog. My sisters are doing a half marathon in St. George in January and I really want to do it with them. Actually what I really want to do is a 10 K but that is not available that day. It's either a 5k or a half marathon. UGH. I only have 10 weeks to train (I sort of started this week) and I am really slow. The most I have ever run on my own is 3 miles.
So I guess I need a little input. What should I do. My mind might get the better of me on this one and convince me that I am too weak and don't have enough time to train. HELP.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

When I did my first half I started training the last week of January and ran it 2 1/2 months later. It actually was really nice and I felt fine during the whole run. It's not about being fast, it's about be consistant. Work on that and you will do great! Good luck!

Nancy said...

Come on, Ashley, you can do it. I did my two 10Ks when we lived on the farm in Oregon, and I had already had my four kids. There were some pretty nasty hills, but I did it. You have the time to prepare, and Bill and I will be there to cheer you on!

d.jo said...

I think you need a regular running partner or group as you get ready for this. In all seriousness I will drive to St. George with you to do it if you will be my coach who consistently gets my booty out the door to train. Call me.

Valley City Crew said...

When I was trying to train for a marathon...I followed halhigdon.com...he has lots of progams that you can follow and stick too. Its my goal after the baby is born.

MaRilla said...

I am planning to do that one. Maybe silene too and some of my cedar friends. You can do it!