Friday, November 19, 2010

Wow

This week has been crazy crazy crazy. I have done hair like a mad woman (apparently everyone wants to look good for the holidays... whatever). We also had a huge activity for R.S. tonight that I was semi heading up. Tonight actually rejuvenated me though.
I ran 5 miles this morning (my first 5 ever besides a 10k I did once when I first got home from my mission which I was totally unprepared for). I have never run like I did this morning. I got to my 3 miles that was my original plan and said to myself, I bet I could run one more. So I did. Once I did that I thought to myself, I could probably run another. So I did. At 55 minutes on the treadmill I had burned 763 calories and I was TIRED and also feeling a little weak from it being so early in the morning with no real food in me. So I stopped. But when my sister asked me today on the phone if I think I could have done one more I said... I think I could have. Crazy I feel like a runner and I think I AM GOING TO DO THE HALF IN JANUARY. Scary. But exciting too. (also I shaved 30 seconds off per mile today). I am really not trying to brag, I just never thought I would get to this point and need to document it.

1 comment:

Crolace said...

Yay, for you! That's my favorite thing about running is when you start to notice that kind of progress. Keep up the good work!