Monday, November 3, 2008

50's Murder Mystery

About a year or so ago someone in our little group of friends saw the movie "The Breakup" with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn and then told us that in the movie they have a monthly game night and we all said "Oh what a great idea we should do that too." So we have game night every month and let me tell you I sure do look forward to it. Last year for Halloween we got all dressed up and had a pirate themed Murder Mystery party. Little Kevin was only 2 weeks old and we dressed him like a puppy dog. So this year we decided to carry on the tradition and we had a 50's themed murder mystery. I gotta tell you all, you should definitley try it out it is so much fun. So here are some pictures of our fun evening.

Adam was Calvin Q. Later (calculator), I was Evelyn C. Leigh or E.C. (which we later figured out when you put E.C. and my last name together I was E.C. Leigh... horrible I know)

From left to right we have Curtis (Joseph K. Awledge or Joe College) and Andi (Penelope Lofer or Penny Lofer), Adam and I, Greg (Richard C. Alcitrent... we couldn't figure his hidden name out, maybe it had something to do with Alcatraz because he was "the Rebel"???) and Jessica (Priscilla E. Teene or Pris-teen), and Josh (Delbert Toydes or Del Toydes) and Megan (Dierdre C. Deucer or Dee C. Deucer) Crazy names but they fit the charactors.
Kevin even got in on the fun. He loved Dad's glasses.
I was a bit ambicious and decided to make my skirt. It was hard because I am not a sewer, I even made an underskirt to make it poof out. I was suppossed to be a cheerleader so I cut our an R an stuck it on my shirt.Adam's outfit was AWESOME, he totally looked the part of the Nerd. We found his pants at D.I. and I hemmed them for him so that they were super dorky.
Our little family.
The Girls
The Boys... I mean Men.

2 comments:

J Fo said...

What a fun night! We had such a good time. It seemed like poeople got really into their characters as we went along. I'm still impressed with your skirt, too. I think that I would have just safety pinned some felt around myself and called it good. I love the picture of Kevin with Adam's glasses on!

Megan said...

We sure had a good time! I vote we stick with the How to Host a Murder series from now on!