Monday, November 17, 2008

Ode to the Car


You may wonder why I have a picture of this car on my blog... well let me tell you a story, I'll try to make it short.
About 3 or 4 months ago Kris and Tiersa (my sister and her husband) came up for a visit and drove a Honda Pilot and we took it for a test drive(he is a car dealer and sometimes gets to choose what he drives up to St. George). We really liked it so when we found out that we could buy a Pilot for cheaper than the car we had and we would have more room to grow, it seemed only logical that we should sell our beautiful Subaru and get a Pilot that would grow with us. We put the car on KSL.com and craigslist and hoped we would get a few bites on it. We had some calls but because it was a salvage title people were scared away. Meanwhile I grew quite attached to my wonderful car with it's leather seats, nice sound system and fast pick-up, to the point that I really didn't want to sell it. I knew we needed something bigger for the future, but I was content. Adam on the other hand had his mind set on selling it with dreams of being able to pack the car for the weekend without stacking stuff around Kevin's car seat. So when a girl named Whitney called on Thursday night, I didn't imagine that by Saturday morning our precious car would belong to someone else.
Yup that's right we sold our car. Can you believe it... we don't have our Legacy anymore. So we are down to one car (the beautiful pink/red/corral one in the background of the above picture) and it'll stay that way for about 6 months so we can save some money and we'll get a pilot later on.
So there it is. I might have cried a little, but ultimately we are happy with our decision. I am pretty excited now that it is all done and I know the Lord is blessing us even though it was hard to let go of the car, I know it is a blessing.

5 comments:

J Fo said...

Wow, that went quick! I was nervous about the title because I thought there had been an accident or something! What a relief that you only sold it...sad but good, right?

Curtis and Andi said...

Wow! That's brave. I know it's Cedar and you work from home, and your husband's work is like 2 minutes away. I just think that I might go crazy with just one car. That show's you how much I've spoiled myself. Maybe we should try it. Maybe for the sake of frugality we should cut back to one car and learn to be less spoiled.

Unknown said...

It's funny how we can become so attatched to our cars. It was so hard selling mine before coming out here. I felt like it was just crying inside. Like it was a real person...one of my children. Im sad to say that the person who bought it was some punk teenager who probably has it thrashed by now. That car probably misses me. But it is a blessing when we can get something sold to pay off a bill or save extra money...

by the way...your mom's hair looks so so cute. The best I have ever seen it and she always looks cute. Good job.

Megan said...

I had no idea you were even thinking of selling... where have I been? You will be so happy, though! I was so sad when we sold my Galant (I know, what the heck was I thinking?!) But seriously, I love my SUV. I love it even more now that gas prices have come down a little! ;)

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

YEAH!! I think you guys will love a pilot. Now remember you have a car dealer IN YOUR OWN FAMILY this time. We might, just MIGHT be able to save you some money. (sense the heavy sarcasm?)