Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tough Times call for Tough Knees

Life gets kinda crazy sometimes. There are times when you have no idea why some things come your way and why you have to go through such hard stuff, I am reminded of a song from an EFY CD, which says something like... when life throws things at you and you don't understand, stick to the things you know. If you stick to the things you know the Lord will fill in the rest and he will make it better. We don't always get what we want, but one thing I KNOW is that the Lord will give us what we NEED, if we let Him.
I don't understand it all, but I do understand that His love is unending. His love can comfort us. He knows each and every one of us and he certainly prepares us for things to come if we look out for the signs and let them come.
Some of you who read this will know what I am talking about and how "LIFE" is affecting us right now and some of you, actually most of you will have your own story to relate to these principles.
The only thought that comforts me is the scripture... "IF ye are prepared, ye shall NOT fear". I feel the Lord has prepared us, I will try my hardest to learn what He would have me learn, hard as it may be, I will put my faith in Him and His plan.
Thank you all for your support in this hard time.

5 comments:

Peay Family said...

I'm pretty clueless, maybe you'll have to fill me in a bit more on your lives. Just know that we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers always. Stay strong!!

Megan said...

Things will get better. This is just a stepping stone in your lives. We love you! :)

Katie M. said...

Excuse my cluelessness for not being aware of what's going on, but hang in there. I always find that the challenges we face, in the long run, are blessings, most times! And what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?... and more compassionate:). Most important to realize, and I think you have a perfect conviction of this, is that the Lord loves YOU and KNOWS YOU perfectly!
Hang in there dear friend!

Sheena said...

Thanks for sharing Ashley. I hope things go better for you. Take care!

Summer said...

Adam, Ashley, and Kev...we love you guys and want you to know that you are in our prayers...We love wood trim...SWEET!